A couple days ago I did some mono prints on black paper with blue and violet mixed together and gold and red mixed together. That’s the first layer of color underneath.
This experiment is for the painting I’m working on of the tide pool. The opposite bank of the inlet often has some haze so I wanted to try acrylic medium the same way I use oil paint by spreading a layer of medium on the dry first layer of paint then painting a thin layer of white on top of the medium and wiping it off.. That’s the top half of this. Then I mixed some thin white paint with some thin medium and scraped a few clouds on top of my first thin glaze. I’m using my palette knife.
On the bottom half I scraped some thin white paint mixed with thin medium on the dry mono print and blotted some off. When it was drying I used the same blue, violet, gold and red and made a few new flowers on top of the glaze by mono printing. Some flowers are below the glaze and some on top.
So that might work to give my new painting some aerial perspective but I’m not really ready for the glaze step because I didn’t finish the underpainting yet. Thursday looks like my next chance to work on it in Plein air but I need to work on my drawings of the kids for the scene at home too.
The difficult parts get me hung up sometimes. I can’t rush. I need a good plan first.
Very thin white glaze showing black paper.
I guess white is working ok. I don’t need to mix gray.
New violet dots and new red and gold on top of thin white glaze that is showing the veins in the gold paint underneath.
The white glaze is collecting on the texture of the previous mono print.